When you think of decorating your wall, the most popular way is having your favourite photos hanging on your wall. Once you have selected the photos, the next step is choosing the right picture frames – the pens that would enhance your photos making them ture pieces of artwork.
The good news is, choosing the right picture frame is now easy. You can go for traditional picture frame designs while you can also opt to have personalised picture frames.But first, let us take a look at the types of picture frames available in the market.
- Wooden picture frames
This is the most popular type of picture frame. It’s a natural material that offers both a classic feel and warmth. Wood comes in a wide range of colours, from light to dark therefore you’ll have a lot of options. You can either complement your picture or choose a colour that would bring contrast to the photo.
- Metallic Picture Frame
Metallic frames have a trendy and modern vibe to it. It has the ability to uplift the photo making it more attractive and vibrant. Metallic frames are classy to look at and they blend well with wedding photos, family portraits and landscapes.
- Bamboo Picture Frames
Bamboo farmers may not be an ideal material but if you are going for a rustic look, then bamboo would make a great frame. Bamboos are sturdy and flexible. It can look casual or urban depending on your preferred designs. Many people choose this type of material because it is environmentally friendly.
Choosing the right picture frames can enhance the overall look of not only your photos but as well as the interior look of your home.
The art of picture framing can be simple but also can be complicated. It requires the right amount of attention before you can finally achieve the look you wanted. Choosing designs can sometimes make or break the overall look you are aiming for. Remember, the key is in the details.
If you think that decorating your wall with picture frames is too old fashioned then maybe it’s because of the traditional designs you often see everywhere. You can easily solve this by creating your own unique designs. So here are some brilliant ideas of picture frame designs that you can place in your wall.
- Ordinary Picture Frame – if you love simple and thin frames, then you can go for an ordinary look. Just because it’s ordinary doesn’t mean it’s not lovely. Ordinary designed frames are simple traditional but outstanding picture frames which can make the picture stand out because the frame has nothing that distracts the viewer. These frames work well with any picture and it will make them a simple but beautiful piece of art.
- Overlapping Picture Frames – sometimes called layered picture frames. This is usually used if you want to display a set or group of pictures to tell a story. More often than not, these have bigger sizes compared to the usual frames. Overlapping picture frames can really add more interest to what could be a fairly simple display on your wall.
- Laser cut Picture frames – create your own personalised design with laser cut picture frames. You are free to use any graphic and have it engraved by timber engraving in sydney to create a unique design that best suits your needs and also that will show your personality. For example, if you are planning to display your wedding photo, then you can have a frame that is laser cut to form a wedding bell design. This is ideal if you are going for matching pieces of artwork.
- Oversized picture frames – it is a modern way of displaying photos. The size is intentionally made larger to make a dramatic statement.If you want to go for a sleek design, you can have a picture frame that is made from acrylic material. If you are going for a rustic look, you can choose a wood large frame and highlight its imperfection to make a unique look.
- Round frames – you should not limit yourself to the traditional rectangular frame or square ones. Round frames can also be an option.It’s not that hard nowadays because there are professional framers who can customise picture frame designs according to your preferred shapes. As far as recycling goes, you can turn old round mirrors into frames once you pop out their mirror glass and enhance the look by adding some details.
Picture frames are just as important as the photos itself so don’t ignore it. Take your time as much as possible and not rush into selecting frames. You may end up choosing frames that are poorly designed and eventually ruin the beauty of not only your photos but also the wall design itself. It can be challenging at times but look at it as an opportunity to play around and enhance your decorating skills.
When it comes to picture framing, the most important thing you should remember is it should compliment the photo. You do not want the frame to take away the spotlight from the piece that you wanted to showcase. Pictures you put on your walls are pieces of artworks and by using picture frames, you ‘ll be able to show your sense of style as well as your personality. Therefore, the picture frame that you choose should give emphasis to your photos in a nice way. It’s like picture frames act as the stage for someone who wanted to showcase their talent.